Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Seoul Experience

After two years following my visit to Seoul, South Korea, I was asked to talk about this visit in the gathering of the Lebanese-Korean Businessmen in Phoenicia Hotel  - Beirut. 

A documentary I did during that visited was shown in the event, followed by this word  : 
I invite you to discover more with me South Korea .




Aneo Ha Seo !
I would like to thank you for taking the time to watch my documentary about South Korea, a journey to remember indeed. This is one of the Unforgettable Documentaries I did ...
I will be Quick and allow me to share with you what have I learned and experienced during my visit in 2011 to Seoul.

- Tradition and culture :
FIRST let me talk about the People /
People in South Korea live the burden of their Two Thousands three hundred years B.C ! of Tradition with flexibility and easy life style.
They have kept the Humble and Wise Personality from their Ancestors /
They combine the new and old infrastructure in a way to balance between modernity and Tradition .
At the same time they enjoy the nightlife especially in a crowded capital like Seoul that really never sleeps ! (not Only New York and Vegas Do) !
- I invite you to imagine with me a capital with 10 Million citizens circulating every day back and forth from work to their residence !
This challenge was taken by the Local government of Seoul to Develop a whole New Public Transportation System known by “TOPIS” it has the ability to control via cameras every single vehicle in the Capital in addition to the timing of BUSES and METRO etc. - Working hours :
One very important detail that fascinated me is that some official administrations in Seoul close at 6:00 PM to reopen early the next day ! That is double the time we spend “working” in our Public Administrations. (without counting coffee breaks) This FACT alone gives you a hint to the Productivity level of the country and the determination of the government to accelerate the economical cycle in the country.
Which also explains naturally the GDP Of S. Korea with $1.151 trillion (2012)
- The economy is based on industry / services / and obviously Technology ~
Which takes us to the next issue I will talk about : Internet Speed in S.Korea :
According to the latest numbers of leading internet speed in the world, Internet speed in South Korea can reach and average of 14 Mbit/Second with a peak speed of 44.8 Mbit / second.

- S. Korea occupies TOP 1 in the world with this internet speed while Japan came in second with 10.8 Mbps and the U.S. came in the eighth spot with 7.4 Mbps.

- Imagine yourself in the Metro (if we ever had a metro in Beirut) watching a live stream Movie on your “Samsung S4 Mini” (someone has to pay the advertisement) without having to visit the whole neighborhood before loading a 10 minute clip on youtube !!
South Korea has a market economy which ranks 15th in the world by nominal GDP and 12th by purchasing power parity (PPP),
South Korea is one of the Asian Tigers, and is the only developed country so far to have been included in the group of Next Eleven countries.
South Korea had one of the world's fastest growing economies from the early 1960s to the late 1990s, and South Korea is still one of the fastest growing developed countries in the 2000s. South Koreans refer to this growth as the Miracle on the Han River.
As we still wait the miracle of Karantina river and the crocodile in it, I thank you for listening and wish u a nice evening.

Photo with the Korean Ambassador To Lebanon

Take a Look at the Documentary :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150537638855282&set=vb.36626340744&type=3&theater


By Philippe Abou Zeid – Sep. 21 , 2013

No comments:

Every Day is a New Year ! My Roadmap to a Better 2024

Roadmap to a better, smarter 2024 ! "Here I am, at the beginning/end of each year, I find myself stuck in this chain of 'Roadmap to...